What's Shakin'?

 


Kunoichi Kei bounces happily along with Panda after getting out of class... another hour of classroom boredom behind her... a whole evening of excitement ahead... planning to meet up with Kid later after she and Panda get a float at Taz Treats... "I tink only Professor Hatmaker can make worst-case senarios boring..." rolling her eyes at Panda...

Panda nodding... "Yeah... he keeps saying how one could strike at any time, but I've never seen one happen... yet..." A puzzled look coming over her face... "Do you feel that?" A definite vibration in the concrete under your feet... a crack appearing... then another... as the shaking gets worse...

Kunoichi Kei 's eyes widening as a crack begins to open between her feet... hopping to one side... "Wholly... lot a shakin' goin' on! Either an army of mecha approaching or we're having an earthquake!" smirking at Panda... "What were you were saying?"

Panda gulping... "Uh... that I fell asleep during that class... what's our first move..." The quake getting worse... windows shattering... and chunks of masonry toppling towards the street... as some old gargoyles come crashing down... a shadow falling across Panda as a new one breaks off...

Kunoichi Kei opens her mouth to speak... "First get outside and away from... oh shit!" Kei lunging into a shoulder tackle... running through Panda and driving her back as the grotesque stone craters the pavement where she stood... setting Panda down and pushing her toward the park... "Get away from buildings or anyting that can fall on you..."

Panda turns white... nodding and heading for the middle of the road... "Um... what about the giant cracks that are going to swallow us whole?"

Kunoichi Kei gapes as she stares down at another one opening up... her whole body jiggling as the ground on which it stands shakes... "Err... I don't know... I don't recall that being a major issue... this must be one big quake... I wonder if some villain is behind it..."

Panda nodding... and stopping a looter running past with a TV... "Let me see that..." The TV powered by a battery... a shop window model... showing a news bulletin that says this is a localized phenomenon... about a mile in radius... the rest of the city untouched... a couple more looters arriving to take issue with Panda halting their buddy...

Kunoichi Kei blinks at the report... "That really is unnatural... I wonder if Crusher is out of..." flipping into a splits kick... a crosstrainer aimed to connect with a jaw of each of the aggressive looters... "Back off boys!"

The looters knocked back... Panda dealing with the third with a pistol butt to the jaw... nodding to you... "We should split up and find out who's behind this... and maybe link up with Kid..."

Kunoichi Kei nods... "I'll text him on my cell... we should all do what we can... and meet back at Taz Treats at nine... assuming it's still there... be careful Panda..." texting away on her iCee as she runs over to help a woman out of a car teetering on the edge of a crack in the street...

The woman pulled out seconds before the car topples in... the buildings still shaking... as you look up... and see a naked woman dangling from the edge of the roof... she must have been sunbathing... gone to the edge to see what was happening when the quake started... and toppled over...

Kunoichi Kei gasps... realizing the woman will fall to her death any moment... unless... Kei kicking open the back of a tractor trailer truck that reads "EZZZrest" on the side... pulling out one mattress... and another... and another... piling them up... until the woman falls... flailing as Kei yells... "Relax and land butt first!"

The woman obeying your orders... and landing butt-first on the springy mattresses... bouncing a few times before coming to a rest... and clambering off the mattress pile... even as the shaking finally stops... plenty of people still in precarious positions...

Kunoichi Kei rips a canvas banner down and wraps it out the naked woman... "Stay away from the building until the authorities are sure it's safe..." then running forward... leaping over down power lines... to pull a man out of a burning car... just as a nearby hydrant bursts... spraying them both... but putting out the car fire...

The hydrant also doing a good job of soaking your white blouse... making it see-through... as you continue about your business... keeping an eye out for whatever might be causing this kind of activity... even as your eyes widen... coming face to face with a snarling tiger... the zoo must be within the quake's area... and this big cat got loose...

Kunoichi Kei stops dead in her tracks... staring into those bright burning eyes... "Err... nice kitty..." backing away slowly... swallowing hard as the big cat slinks after her... turning and running... the tiger gaining... flipping over a crack in the street... the tiger swiping as it follows... ripping away a piece of her lavender skirt...

The big cat snarling... even as it puts your bottom on display... bounding after you again as you run for it... only to run smack into what looks like a jewelry store heist... three thugs in masks... making off with handfuls of loot... as if they planned on the confusion the earthquake would cause...

Kunoichi Kei narrows her eyes at the sight of the thieves... but has more pressing problems with which to deal... tearing open the door on one side of an abandoned car... squirming through the back seat and out the door on the other side... slamming it closed as she rolls back over the roof to close the first door and trap the pursuing tiger inside...

The tiger following close behind... his breath on your bottom as you rush through... trapped securely when you slam the door on the other side... unable to do more than kiss and spit... as you turn your attentions to the band of thieves...

Kunoichi Kei heads after the jewel thieves... tails of her soaked blouse dancing over the pink panties... seemingly a size too small... oddly monogrammed with a Cf... still she does her best to employ what shadow technique she knows... the ninja girl hanging back in hopes of tracking the thieves to their hideout... and possible source of the trouble...

The men weaving through the ruined streets... to a hiding place on the edge of the disturbance... a small warehouse... slipping in to divide the loot... any law enforcement in the area too busy to take notice of three men with suspicious bags...

Kunoichi Kei follows them inside... tiptoeing through the shadows of a side door... looking all around for signs of anyone else who might be involved... or of any sort of equipment that looks like it could have caused the quake... working her way ever closer to the thieves...

Your eyes lingering on a large box of electronics... with a switch... and a red light... looking like nothing you've ever seen before... maybe this strange gizmo had something to do with the quake... none of the three spotting you... their eyes too full of the pile of jewelry on the table...

Kunoichi Kei decides to check out the gizmo first... somersaulting right up behind it... giving it a good once over to see if the controls make sense... peering over the top to make sure the thieves still haven't spotted her... thinking she might really be able to shake them up if she could figure out how to use the device...

A simple switch on it... with a dial for power... and two more for co-ordinates... corresponding with longitude and latitude of the city map... meaning these punks could strike again...

Kunoichi Kei grins and dials up the warehouse coordinates... setting the power at 8.3... and flipping the switch... leaping over the device as it engages... attacking the thieves... still only half-dressed... as everything begins to shake...

The whole shack shaking... shelves topping over... bits of the roof falling down... the gang unable to get their bearings... one trying to aim a gun at you with his whole body shaking... but missing his shot by a mile... as another misses a blow to your ribs... the third going for the machine...

Kunoichi Kei spin kicks at one thug... then dodges a piece of falling roof... snatching up the bags of jewels... dancing through falling debris in the direction of the machine... even as cracks begin to appear in the floor...

The other man getting to it... and switching it off... breathing a sigh of relief as the roof bricks stop falling... before you come down on him like a ton of them...

Kunoichi Kei uses the bags of jewels like blackjacks... conking the thief on the head with them... laying him out... looking around as sirens approach... and a bullhorn sounds... "We've got you surrounded... now come out with your hands up..." Kei looking quite the disheveled mess as she moves to comply... a bag of jewels in each hand...

Luckily Detective Chan is on the scene... listening to your story... "Some character called Disaster Master is building those gadgets and selling them to the highest bidder... we can expect more like this... though what I can't understand is why you decided to play around with such a dangerous device... you could've destroyed another mile of city... Belle's going to hit the roof if I tell her..."

Kunoichi Kei works her mouth all around... not really sure what to say... hanging her head as she mumbles... "But there were three of them... and I needed a distraction... besides... you'd never have caught these guys if I hadn't activated the machine to bring you here..." shrugging... "And I wanted to see if that ting was for real..." looking contrite as she hands over the jewels...

Detective Chan smirking... "Well, maybe next time you use a cell phone to reach us... in the meantime, my lawn needs mowing... and I have some other chores... so we'll let this be our secret in return for a weekend's honest toil..." Winking at you as the thugs are led away...

(Nov 2009)